I recently convinced some of my good friends to start a blog. Since I read a lot of blogs and books about blogging, I decided to share with you—and them—the good resources I am frequently using.
There are a lot on the Internet about how to start a blog. Following our approach of fast-learning, this article aims at teaching you, in less than 30 minutes, the most important things you must know before starting your blog.
Is it Still Possible to Start an Interesting Blog?
Google gives us access to plenty of information. Is it still possible write something new and interesting as a blogger? Yes! We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge. If you are passionate about a topic and you believe that you can teach it or write useful pieces of knowledge, you can become a successful blogger.
Even if you are not an expert on a topic, you can still write for hobbyists. They are numerous and can become passionate about your writing.
Learn How to Blog in Less Than 30 minutes
There is a lot of information on the Internet. You will find here everything you need. I struggled for you in the Internet jungle and I selected high-quality and concise articles that will teach you how to blog in less than 30 minutes.
1. The Journey Starts Here
Follow the guide and find answers to your questions:
4. What else Do I Need to Know? All the more detailed resources you need about blogging are here.
5. Use Evernote to write down your thoughts.
6. If you like books, read Blog, Inc..
2. Stay Motivated: Carrot and Stick
You decided to start your blog. So exciting! Now, you need to write regularly. Indeed, your readers are becoming eager about your writing.
1. Set up goals and rewards: champagne when you reach 100 articles…
3. Get in touch with other bloggers.
4. Develop your expertise outside the blogosphere: organize meetups, interview experts, start a podcast, become speaker at conferences.
5. If you want to be serious, set up a stick on stickk.
How to Start Blogging: Read the listed resources. Find an eager audience. Write, write, and keep writing.
More about How to Start a Blog
- A Good User Interface Guide: It helps you to pick the right theme for your blog.
- Be One of the Top 5% Bloggers: Good advice to improve your blog articles.
- Write Good Headlines: How to attract more interested readers.
- Know your Target: It is important to know who are your readers.
You Want to Go Farther?
Watch this inspiring video about blogging on WordPress. You will learn useful best practices about: frequency, tools to use, best times and days to post, testing your design and how to address comments and build a strong community.
What is your blogging routine? Which resources do you recommend? I’m looking forward to reading your story.